JUNIOR GOLF REGISTRATION WILL BEGIN SATURDAY, JUNE 5TH AT 7AM AT THE NESHANIC VALLEY LEARNING CENTER!!!
YOU WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER IN-PERSON!!!
Somerset County Park Commission Golf Courses Update
*CARTS ARE VERY LIMITED AT THE NESHANIC VALLEY LEARNING CENTER. PLEASE BE PREPARED TO WALK!
Somerset County Golf has a few updates on changes that are taking place going forward:
• All courses will have regular flags and holes (please DO NOT touch the flags and leave the flags in the holes until further notice!)
• Restrooms are now OPEN at all pro shops
• Putting greens are now open, but with NO cups
We will continue to advise as other restrictions are lifted in the future!
General Golfing Policies and Procedures:
Sanitization Measure to be Employed at All Golf Courses:
- All high-touch areas will be routinely, and after each use, cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC guidelines. Such areas include, but are not limited to, golf carts, counter tops, door knobs, other common surfaces, range buckets and other frequently touched surfaces including employee used equipment. It shall be the Park Commission policy to ensure cleaning procedures following a known or potential exposure at the golf course in compliance with CDC recommendations.
- The safety and well-being of the Park Commission’s staff and all golfers is of paramount importance. For this reason, the Commission is committed to ensuring that all of its golf courses have a sufficient number of workers to perform the above protocols effectively.
Social Distancing Requirements at All Golf Courses:
- Park Commission staff, golfers, and all other individuals are required to wear cloth face coverings in all settings on the golf course where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health, or where the individual is under two years of age.
- Golfers shall at all times and, in particular, when on golf tee boxes and golf greens maintain appropriate social distancing by remaining six feet apart from others.
– Somerset County Park Commission Golf Operations
The state-of-the-art Learning Center features a double-ended driving range with grass and mat hitting areas on each end, one 16,000 square foot putting green, a practice facility including bunkers and three practice chipping greens, and two practice holes.
The Callaway Golf Performance Center utilizes a highly sophisticated computer system that incorporates high-speed cameras with sound equipment to capture swing data to provide optimum club specifications for an individual’s golf swing. Measurements include club head and ball speed, launch angle, side angle measurements, backspin and trajectory shape, sidespin measurements, swing tempo, attack angle measurements, lie angle, launch condition, impact efficiency, and trajectory results. A complete inventory of Callaway clubs is available for purchase at the Performance Center.
Golfers can apply their newly found knowledge from the Learning Center and the Callaway Golf Performance Center on the challenging par 32 nine-hole Academy Course at Neshanic Valley that plays from 1,420 yards to 2,019 yards. The course offers three tees on each hole, with five par four holes and four par threes. Individual and group lessons are available with our fully certified PGA and USGTF professional staff. Individual lessons are $55 for a 1/2 hour or $280 for a series of 6 individual 1/2 hour lessons. Group lessons vary in cost. Please call Fred Glass at 908 369-8232 for specific information on all lessons.
Director Of Instruction, Somerset County Park Commission
David Chung, Assistant Golf Professional, Neshanic Valley Golf Course